- Birth Date
- 24 April 1836
- Death Date
- 30 March 1908
Alma Helaman Hale
Alma initially traveled to the Valley in 1848. Records indicate that he was traveling as an "orphan" on that trip. Several years later, he again crossed the plains, this time as a teamster for Joseph Horne's 1862 out-and-back company. His journal indicates that on this trip, he served as "commissary" and captain of the guard.
- Age at Departure: 12
- Age at Departure: 26
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Alma H. Hale autobiography, 1901.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- Diary of Aroet Lucious Hale, 1828-1849, 12, 16-17.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hale, Alma Helaman, Autobiography, [ca. 1901], 9-11.
- Hale, Alma Helaman, Journal, 1862 May-Oct.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 14.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 5.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- N.H. Gardner, Alma Helaman Hale: History and Genealogy, vol. 1, p. 60
- Utah Death Certificates.