- Birth Date
- 12 July 1830
- Death Date
- 12 November 1913
His death certificate, which shows his name as "Jason Haws," confirms his death date, but shows his birth date as 1 November 1813, with his age at death as 83 years, 3 months and 19 days. This gives an approximate birth date of 13 July 1830.
Jason initially came to Utah in 1848 with the Heber C. Kimball pioneer company and apparently returned to Pottawattamie County, Iowa where he married Sariah Hillman in 1851. One child was born in Council Bluffs, Iowa in 1852, and by 1853 they were in San Bernardino California, where they remained for several years. Elizabeth Sariah Haws was born in Nevada, USA on 15 April 1866, and Phoebe Jane Haws was born in Utah on 28 April 1868. As this birth was prior to the arrival of that season's emigration, we know that they arrived in Utah in1866 or 1867. Further research is needed to determine the year of their arrival and the name of the pioneer company with which they traveled to Utah.
- Age at Departure: 17
- Age at Departure: 16
- Head of Household
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 7 April 1849, 5.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 110-115.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Territorial Militia Records, 1849-1877.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.