- Birth Date
- 15 March 1844
- Death Date
- 26 January 1930
Charles Thomas Husbands
Charles immigrated to the United States in March 1860. He traveled on the ship Underwriter and sailed from Liverpool on 20 March 1860 and arrived in New York on 1 May. His mother, Margaret Maria Waight, and his siblings, Harriet and William, also traveled on the ship with their families.
Charles was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 11 November 1860. Pioneers and Prominent Men suggests that he came to Utah in 1860 as a member of the John Smith company. No evidence to support a connection to this company has been found.
PEF records also reveal that he and his brother William traveled to Utah in 1862. More research is needed to determine why they have a PEF loan for that year. Perhaps they were returning missionaries?
- Age at Departure: 15
- 1900 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- "Charles Husbands Dies at Age of 86," Salt Lake Telegram, 27 January 1930, p. 3.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 950-951.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1848-1866, Ledger C, p. 454.
- Utah, FamilySearch, Early Church Information File, 1830-1900
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.