- Birth Date
- 27 January 1831
- Death Date
- 4 January 1888
Lewis initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the John G. Smith Company in 1851. His brother Seymour was also in the company.
At the end of a mission, Lewis returned to Salt Lake as Captain of the Lewis Brunson Company in 1862.
- Age at Departure: 20
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 31
- Company Captain
- "Arrival of Captain Bronson’s Company," Deseret News, 3 September 1862, 6.
- Brunson, Lewis, Autobiography, 1861, 16-17
- Brunson, Lewis, to Robert L. Campbell, 28 Sep. 1862, [3-4], in Missionary reports, 1831-1900.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1851, 1.
- Mary Melissa McAdams Robertson reminiscences in History of John Henry Robertson and his wife Mary Melissa McAdams by Alice Bates Cutler in Robertson family life sketches, circa 2012, 3-12.
- "Obituary," Deseret News [Weekly], 1 Feb. 1888, 48.
- Utah, Early Mormon Missionary Database
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.