- Birth Date
- 10 November 1842
- Death Date
- 19 January 1910
John Hansen Hougaard
European Mission records lists his given name as "Jorgen."
The Hougaard family came on the unknown ship in1862. The family consisted of: father, Rasmus, mother Magdalena, and children: Ane, Johanne Marie, Jorgan (who changed his name to John), Lars (who changed his name to Louis), and Maren.
- Age at Departure: 19
- 1880 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- European Mission, [Emigration records, Scandinavian Mission] 1852-1920.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Heart Throbs of the West, vol. 9, p. 123-4
- Hougaard, John Hansen, [Autobiography and journal], in Heart Throbs of the West, 12 vols. [1939-51], 9:123-24 and in Our Pioneer Heritage, 20 vols. [1958-77], 18:291-92.
- Hougaard, John Hansen, "John Hansen Hougaard--Photographer," 3. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Hougaard, John Hansen, Autobiography and journal, 1869-1909, 14-20.
- Lever, W. H. History of Sanpete and Emery Counties, Utah: With Sketches of Cities, Towns, and Villages; Chronology of Important Events; Records of Indian Wars; Portraits of Prominent Persons, and Biographies of Representative Citizens (Salt Lake City: Tribune Job Printing Co, 1898), 133
- Lund, Anthon H. Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- “Obituary,” Manti Messenger, 21 January 1910, .
- Our Pioneer Heritage, vol. 18, p. 291-92
- Pedersen, H.J. to Lars Pedersen, 19 Oct. 1862, in Hans Jorgen Peterson, Autobiography, 14
- [Peterson, H.J.] to Dear Girl, in Hans Jorgen Peterson, Autobiography, 18.
- Peterson, Hans Jorgan, Autobiography, 12, 20.
- Utah Death Certificates.