- Birth Date
- 15 July 1819
- Death Date
- 16 August 1884
William Horne Dame
William initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley prior to, or in, 1848, according to an 1848 Salt Lake County property list. Further research is needed to determine the name of the company he traveled with.
At the end of a mission to England, he traveled home, as captain of the William H. Dame Company in 1862 as indicated in a letter from John R. Young and New Family Search/Family Tree.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 43
- Company Captain
- "Arrival of Trains," Deseret News [Weekly], 22 Oct. 1862, 132.
- "Companies En Route," Deseret News [Weekly], 8 Oct. 1862, 105.
- Dame, William H., to Brigham Young, 18 Sept. 1862 [telegram], in Brigham Young, Office Files 1832-1878, reel 59, box 45, fd. 24.
- Hill, William Henry, Autobiography, 1910-1912, 5-9.
- Jost, Mary Ann Taylor, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 7:202-3.
- List of persons in W. H. Dame's freight train, Ft. Laramie, 1862 September 1.
- [List of those filing for lots, 1848], in Salt Lake County Recorder's Office, Land records [ca. 1847-1860].
- McBride, Reuben A., Journals, 1860–1862; 1867, vol. 1, 9 p.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Names of Immigrants," Deseret News, 24 September 1862, 98.
- "Salt Lake Sensation," Ogden Standard Examiner , 16 Nov. 1891, 1.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Young, John R., Letter, in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 29 Oct. 1862.