- Birth Date
- 11 September 1837
- Death Date
- 29 January 1908
Reuben Augustus McBride
Reuben's father, Reuben McBride, initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in 1850 without his family. Further research is needed to determine the exact company he traveled with. Proof that he traveled to Utah in 1850 is found in the 1850 Utah Census. Reuben helped with the 1850 census, and his name appears on pages of the census, even though he failed to enter his own name into the census. His obituary also mentions his travel to Utah in 1850.
In 1852, Reuben again traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Isaac Bullock Company, this time with his wife, Mary Ann Anderson, and children Helen Venera, Harriet Eliza, Reuben Augustus, Mary Louisa, Hyrum Roy, Emma Gerutia, John Newton, and Laura Abigail.
At the end of a mission, Reuben Augustus traveled with the William H. Dame Company in 1862 as indicated in Reuben A. McBride’s journal.
His birth date is confirmed by the missionary register and his death date is confirmed by his burial record.
- Age at Departure: 14
- Age at Departure: 24
- Returning Missionary
- “List of persons in W. H. Dame’s freight train, Ft. Laramie, 1862 September 1.” In Brigham Young office emigrating companies reports 1850-1862, Reports 1856-1862. (CR 1234 5, Box 1, Folder 58)
- McBride, Reuben A., Journals, 1860–1862; 1867, vol. 1, 9 p.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Shires, William, Diary.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.