- Birth Date
- 24 September 1824
- Death Date
- 10 November 1865
He arrived in Utah by 1855. The first documentation to place him in Utah is the 1856 census which was taken February 1856. Further research is needed to narrow the year of his travel.
His birth date comes from information given by him to the Fourteenth Quorum of Seventies, vol. 1, 33, in Seventies Quorum, Records, CR 499, reel 40.
His missionary record and the burial record has his birth date as 27 September 1824. His death date is confirmed by the burial record.
He has five different spellings of his last name. "Zyderlaan" In the seventies record, "Zyderlaen" in the missionary records, "Zyderlean" in the 1856 census, "Zyderladen" on the 1863 Henry Ellis manifest, and "Zyderland" on his burial record.
He was the clerk of the 1863 Patterson company and a returning missionary from South Africa.
- Age at Departure: 22
- Age at Departure: 38
- Returning Missionary
- 1856 Utah Census.
- A. H. Patterson Emigrating Company, Journal, 1863 June-Sept.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 4 September 1863, 1.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Zyderlaan, Martin, Camp journal, in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 4 Sept. 1863, 1-12.