- Birth Date
- 9 May 1830
- Death Date
- 25 August 1865
The Fowler family traveled from England to the Salt Lake Valley in 1863. Their family included William and Ellen Bradshaw, and their children, Harriet Adeline, Henry Ammon, and Florence Ellen.
While William’s brother, Henry Charles, served a mission in their native England, William’s family looked after his wife, Martha Holland, and their three children, Mary Emma, John Franklin, and Kate. Kate died enroute.
The Fowlers sailed from London on “The Amazon” at the beginning of June. They arrived in New York on 18 July 1863. They then left from New York and eventually made it to Florence, Nebraska, where they prepared for their travels and joined the Daniel D. McArthur Company in 1863.
Henry later joined his family and his brother’s families in the Salt Lake Valley. He traveled with the William S. S. Willes Company in 1865.
- Age at Departure: 33
- Head of Household
- Adair, Florence Ellen Fowler, History of Florence Ellen Fowler Adair. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Elijah Larkin diaries, 1854-1867, 470-506.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Florence Ellen Fowler Adair, [Autobiography], in Our Pioneer Heritage, 20 vols. [1958-77], 7:270.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.