- Birth Date
- 2 October 1851
- Death Date
- 1 February 1920
Evidence from emigration and church (Perpetual Emigrating Fund) records proves that the Jensen family traveled to Utah in 1863. They sailed to America in 1863 on the John J. Boyd.
He was christened with the name of "Jens Jensen Christensen" in 1851 and the ship manifest shows his name as "Jens Jensen." After arriving in Utah, he used the name "James Jensen." Apparently the initial "S" was added at a later date.
- Age at Departure: 11
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- Anthon H. Lund, Scandinavian Jubilee Album (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1900).
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Hans P. Lund journals, 1854-1880, 81-84.
- James S. Jensen, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah Naturalization and Citizenship Records, 1858-1859.