- Birth Date
- 24 February 1824
- Death Date
- 27 February 1878
John Henry McEwan
John Henry McEwan traveled across the plains with his wife and two children, one of whom was born on the trail en route to Utah.
John emigrated to the United States in 1843. He sailed on the ship Metoka.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Died," Salt Lake Herald, 3 March 1878, .
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 24 September 1848, 31.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 14.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America