- Birth Date
- 18 March 1820
- Death Date
- 10 March 1896
Edward, his wife and children Elizabeth, Catherine, and Edward sailed to America on the 1863 ship Cynosure. They had a daughter Mary Elizabeth that died 25 July 1863 before they started on the trail.
Evidence from emigration, church (Perpetual Emigrating Fund) records proves that the Morris family traveled to Utah in 1863.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Juab County.
- Hayes, John Henry, Autobiographical sketch, in Autobiography of John Henry Hayes: Families and Ancestors , 6-8.
- Hayes, John Henry, Reminiscences, .
- John H. Hayes reminiscences and diary, 1867-1928, 4-5.
- Nephi Ward (Old), Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.