- Birth Date
- 29 September 1843
- Death Date
- 29 March 1925
Horatio Hill Hancock
His given name is listed as "Rice" in the Davis autobiography and we are assuming that it is the same person. There are eight other people on the 1863 ship Amazon, some of whom may be related. His travel to Utah is mentioned in the obituary of William Belcher Gibbons.
He is seen on the trail again in 1868, when he served as a teamster for John Gillespie's out-and-back company.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 24
- Out-and-Back Teamster
- 1870 Utah Census, Weber County.
- Captain John Gillespie, memorandum book (2), 1868.
- Davis, Thomas A., Autobiography.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Ledger Index, [1992, 2013].
- "Pioneer of Ogden Dead," Ogden Standard Examiner , 30 Mar. 1925, 8.
- "The Brass Band," Ogden Standard Examiner , 13 Mar. 1886, 1.