- Birth Date
- 3 August 1842
- Death Date
- 3 July 1923
From England. Daughter of Peter Burgess and Ann Margaret Esplin. With her parents she crossed the Atlantic on the ship Walpole in 1845. The family surname is spelled "Browacas" on the ship manifest. Her mother died at Nauvoo, Illinois and her father re-married. The family (father, step-mother and two half-siblings) crossed the plains in the Hindley Company of 1855. They later returned to St. Louis where Elizabeth married Thomas Tyson Slater. With her husband and their daughter (Emily) they traveled to Utah in 1864. Elizabeth died a Huntsville.
- Age at Departure: 21
- Age at Departure: 12
- 1856 Utah census, Great Salt Lake County.
- Captain John D. Chase Company (independent), passenger list, 1864.
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 20 September 1864, 3.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 10 August 1864, 361.
- Walker, Emily Slater, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 1:253-54.