- Birth Date
- 7 February 1822
- Death Date
- 27 April 1909
John Ashman Jr.
John, his wife Ann, children Harriet Isabella, John Thomas and Ellen came from England in 1864 on the ship Monarch of the Sea.
His birth date is confirmed by the death certificate.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Millard County.
- Captain John R. Murdock Company (first mule train), manifests, 1864.
- Find a Grave
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 26 August 1864, 1B.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 10 August 1864, 361.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Obituary," Millard County Progress, 7 May 1909, 1.
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.