- Birth Date
- 2 February 1821
- Death Date
- 26 March 1891
The John Smith company roster published in Deseret News states that Johannes traveled with his family. The Bergmans emigrated from Denmark and crossed the ocean by way of the ship Monarch of the Sea in 1864. In 1870, Johannes lived with his wife, Helena, and Marie, as well as two additional children who were born after the family's arrival to Utah.
His given name is "John" on the 1870 Utah census, and the burial record.
- Age at Departure: 43
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- John P. R. Johnson diary, 1864 July-September, 11.
- "List of Immigrants," Deseret News [Weekly], 12 October 1864, 13.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Utah, Veterans with Federal Service Buried in Utah, Territorial to 1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.