- Birth Date
- 27 May 1806
- Death Date
- 17 June 1884
Martin Horton Peck
Martin Horton Peck was a member of the Heber C. Kimball company under Henry Herriman's hundred and served as a Captain of Ten.
He was rebaptized in Salt Lake City on 20 May 1849.
In 1852 he was living in the Salt Lake 17th Ward.
In 1855, he crossed the plains again, returning from a mission to the eastern states. He traveled with T. S. Williams and his son, Edwin Peck. They arrived in Salt Lake City on November 30, 1855.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 49
- Returning Missionary
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- "Arrivals," Deseret News, 5 December 1855, 309.
- Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- "Division reports, circa 1847 March," in Heber C. Kimball's 1847 emigration division (Second Division), in Camp of Israel schedules and reports, 1845-1849.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- General Tithing Office, Tithing reports, 1855-1887.
- Heber C. Kimball, Autobiography, circa 1842-1858, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Heber C. Kimball journals, 1848 June-July and 1848 July-September, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- High Priests of Nauvoo and Early Salt Lake City [Index], compiled by Nauvoo Restoration from Early Salt Lake Records.
- Journal History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 15.
- Martin H. Peck journal, 1854-1855; 1857.
- Massachusetts, Town and Vital Records, 1620-1988.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Nauvoo Temple Endowment Register.
- "Passed Away," Deseret News, 25 June 1884, 1.
- Peck, William Page, [Autobiographical sketch], in Jane Jennings Eldredge, "Records and Historical Sketches of Residents of Davis County, Utah," 9 vols. (1916), 5:26.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Salt Lake City Property Index.
- Salt Lake Stake, Record of members collection, 1836-1970.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Watt, Ronald G., Consecration Deeds Index, 1854-1868.
- William Burton papers, circa 1837-1851, Journal, Volume 11, 1848 June-July.