- Birth Date
- 8 March 1806
- Death Date
- 9 November 1870
Lucy, her children John, George and Jane crossed the ocean by way of the ship General McClellan in 1864. They continued their journey westward as part of the 1864 Rawlins Company. Lucy traveled with her family, as mentioned on the list of immigrants published in Deseret News. Her maiden name, "Platt," is listed as her surname on the company roster. On the Perpetual Emigrating Fund records her surname is listed as Allgood.
Her travel to Utah is mentioned in the obituary and autobiography of her daughter Sarah Jane.
- Age at Departure: 58
- Head of Household
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 253.
- “Resident Dies,” Salt Lake Telegram, 21 March 1939, 22
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- "Sarah Jane Allgood," In Biographical Information Relating to Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
- “State Pioneer Resident Dies,” Salt Lake Telegram, 21 March 1939, 22.