- Birth Date
- 18 February 1826
- Death Date
- 5 December 1897
Tellef John Israelsen
Torlov Johan Israelsen
Tellef John Israelsen emigrated from Norway along with his wife and children. They all traveled together and joined the Soren Christoffersen Freight Train. His son Andrew's autobiography relates a few of the trials and mishaps experienced on the trail, including the death of Tellef's son, Israel.
- Age at Departure: 37
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 954.
- Israelsen, Andrew M., [Autobiography], in Orson W. Israelsen, ed., Utah Pioneering: An Autobiography , 21-22.
- Norway, Baptisms, 1634-1927.
- Parish Register of Trondenes, Trom, Norway.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 232.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.