- Birth Date
- 21 July 1828
- Death Date
- 28 September 1901
Thomas Edwin Ricks
Thomas initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Heber C. Kimball Company in 1848. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
Thomas later was called to help immigrants cross the plains. He served as Captain of the Thomas E. Ricks Companies in 1863 and 1866.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Age at Departure: 28
- Age at Departure: 35
- Company Captain
- Age at Departure: 37
- Company Captain
- 1900 Idaho Census.
- Ann G. Marriott diary, 1866 April-September, 17-32.
- Baird, Alexander, Autobiography of Alexander Baird, 23.
- Davis, Thomas A., Autobiography.
- Eastern Idaho Death Records Database.
- Haderlie, Charles Henry, Autobiographical sketch, [ca. 1932], 1.
- Hadley, Lorenzo, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 12:14-17.
- Heber C. Kimball, Autobiography, circa 1842-1858, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Heber C. Kimball journals, 1848 June-July and 1848 July-September, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Howard Egan, Pioneering the West, 1846 to 1878, edited and compiled by William M. Egan (1917), 140-45.
- Jenkins, John, “Life Sketch of John Jenkins”
- Jonathan Pugmire autobiographical sketch, circa 1878, 2.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 24 September 1848, 3.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Names of Persons Who Volunteer to Go as Teamsters" in Offerings for the assistance of the P. E. F. immigrants, 1856 October in Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 110-115.
- Peter W. Conover reminiscences, undated, 6-7.
- Record of the George Hadley family, undated.
- Smith, Alexander Hale, "'We Thank Thee, O God, for a Prophet': Joseph Smith's Son Tells of First Hearing the Hymn," Vision , no. 45 (Dec. 2003): 14-15.
- Smith, Alexander Hale, "Without Purse or Scrip," Restoration Voice , May-June 1995, 22-24.
- Stuart, David M., Reminiscences, in David M. Stuart, Pioneer Missionary, True Life Story of David M. Stuart , 50.
- "The Brass Band," Ogden Standard Examiner , 13 Mar. 1886, 1.
- Thomas Ricks, Biographical sketches, 1891-2013.
- Vida E. Smith, Biography of Alexander H. Smith (Independence: Price Publishing, 2007), 34-48, 49-50.
- White, Eliza Brown, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake , 26 vols., 26:79-80.