- Birth Date
- 12 July 1850
- Death Date
- 22 January 1891
Johanna Kristine Petersen
The Hansen family emigrated from Denmark in 1864. They sailed on the General McClellan, and arrived in New York on 23 June 1864. In some sources Hansen is sometimes spelled as "Hanson." At some point the Hansen family changed the surname to Peterson. In the 1870 Census, Johanna and her brother share the surname of "Peterson" while her parents and cousin were still listed as "Hanson."
The name engraved on her tombstone and which appears in the 1880 Census is "Hannah Christopherson."
- Age at Departure: 14
- 1870 Utah Census, Millard County.
- 1880 Utah Census, Millard County.
- “Captain Isaac Canfield Company (fourth ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 14)
- Carl Johan Sundback journal [transcript] in John R. Bohman family history collection, 1862-1865, 32-42.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company general files, 1850-1887.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory