- Birth Date
- 28 August 1837
- Death Date
- 7 March 1920
On the original handwritten roster of the William B. Preston company his name was spelled "Batazan Jacobsen." The 1864 Monarch of the Sea ship manifest shows his name as "Jacob Baltsarsen." He traveled with his wife, Rudolphine and children: Kirstine and Petrea.
Sibings, Jens and Ana Christiansen, traveled with Baltzar's family. They are listed under the Jacobsen surname on the company roster. Their parents followed them two years later. They were being sent ahead with family awaiting them already in the Valley.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Head of Household
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- "Baltzar Jacobson Laid to Rest," Manti Messenger,12 March 1920, 12.
- Captain William B. Preston Company (first ox train), manifests, 1864.
- Denmark Church Records, 1484-1941
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 319.