- Birth Date
- 28 July 1831
- Death Date
- 2 July 1897
Mads traveled with his wife, Ane Lene, his step-daughter, Mette Kirstine, his children, Magdalena, Hans, Jens, and Susannah, and his sister, Karen, on the ship, Monarch of the Sea in 1864. Three of his children, Magdalena, Hans, and Susanne, died at sea. Mads's sister Karen died on the plains.
- Age at Departure: 32
- Head of Household
- “Captain William B. Preston Company (first ox train), manifest, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Idaho, Southeast Counties Obituaries, 1864-2007.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 320.