- Birth Date
- 15 May 1820
- Death Date
- 27 December 1910
His name was listed as "Gustaf Olsson," in the Mormon Migration database. His surname was listed as "Olsen," in the company manifest. The spelling of his name varies from record to record.
- Age at Departure: 44
- Head of Household
- 1900 United States Federal Census.
- “Captain William B. Preston Company (first ox train), manifest, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868.
- "Early Valley Resident Dies: Mary Charlotte Langlois Walked Most of Way Across Plains," Ogden Standard-Examiner, 29 July 1926, 12.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1077.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 374.
- Sprague, Matilda Christina Ohlson, Autobiographical sketch, in Genealogical Charts and Biographical Sketches of Members of the L.D.S. Church, Ogden Stake, 26 vols., 4:46-47.