- Birth Date
- 14 March 1801
- Death Date
- 31 August 1864
Dorthe Kirstine Christensen Pedersen
The company manifest incorrectly stated that she was from Sweden. An entry dated 31 August 1864 in Henry Ballard's private journal states, "Another woman died, 60 years of age." The entry indirectly supports family tradition that Dorthea died 31 August 1864 on the plains.
More research is needed to confirm her date of birth. Family Tradition from Family Tree at FamilySearch.org states that she was christened on the day she was born. There is a possibility that this is incorrect.
- Age at Departure: 63
- Captain William B. Preston Company (first ox train), manifests, 1864.
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- Genealogy and Family Pioneer History. Mount Pleasant Historical Association
- Henry Ballard, Private journal of Henry Ballard, 1852-1904, 49-60.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.