- Birth Date
- 7 April 1837
- Death Date
- 24 December 1920
John Theophilus Gerber
John married Anna en route to Utah.
In the 1856 Utah census John Theophilus Gerber is John "P." Gerber of Ceder City, Utah.
From 1860-1864, John Theophilus served a mission to Germany and Switzerland. While in Germany he met and converted Anna Maria Ruopp, his future wife. At the end of his mission, he traveled home with the William Hyde Company in 1864. While on the plains of Wyoming, John Theophilus married Anna Maria Ruopp on 28 August.
On the Utah Death Register and his death certificate John is listed as John "Thilous" Gerber.
- Age at Departure: 27
- Returning Missionary
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 17
- 1850 Tennessee census.
- 1856 Utah Census.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- John T. Gerber journal, Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, 26 October 1864, 3-9.
- "List of Immigrants," Deseret News, 19 October 1864, 2.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- "Pioneer of Granger Laid at Final Rest," Deseret News , 31 Dec. 1920, 2.
- Utah Death Registers, 1847-1966.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.