- Birth Date
- 11 September 1818
- Death Date
- 2 March 1874
William traveled to Utah as a returning Mormon Battalion veteran in the Levi W. Hancock/Jefferson Hunt/James Pace/Andrew Lytle Company in 1847. He then returned to Iowa to collect his family and made the trip again with the Samuel Gully/Orson Spencer Company in 1849. Finally, in 1864, William, as captain of the William Hyde Company traveled from Nebraska to Utah once more.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Age at Departure: 30
- Head of Household
- Age at Departure: 45
- Company Captain
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Arrived," Salt Lake Daily Telegraph , 27 Oct. 1864, 3.
- "Correspondence. Obituary of William Hyde," Deseret Evening News , 12 Mar. 1874, 4.
- Elizabeth H. Hyde life sketch in Historical resource materials for Cache Valley, Utah-Idaho, 1955-1956, 6-7.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Fletcher, Charles Eugene, Autobiography, 1911, 145-52.
- Hyde, William, William Hyde journal, circa 1868-1873, fd. 1, 186-88.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint, Supplement after 31 December 1849, 1.
- Levi W. Hancock papers, 1832-1878, Journal, 1846 September-1847 October.
- Lewis, Jane Sarah Goody, Autobiography of Jane Goody Lewis, 2. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- "List of Immigrants," Deseret News, 19 October 1864, 2.
- McNiel, William, Autobiography, in Marjorie Scott Peterson, McNiel family information.
- Phillips, Edward, Autobiographical sketch, in Mormon biographical sketches collection [ca. 1900-1975], reel 10, box 13, fd. 2, item 9, 3.
- Reuben Miller journals, 1848-1849, Journal, 1849 June-September.
- Reuben Miller letter to Brigham Young, 9 September 1849.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin, The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848 , , 180.
- Ricketts, Norma Baldwin. The Mormon Battalion: U.S. Army of the West, 1846-1848, Logan, Utah: Utah State University Press, 1996, 23.
- Samuel Gully letter to Brigham Young, 3 July 1849.
- Seymour, Charles, Reminiscences, 127-28.
- Smith, Jesse N., Autobiography and journal, 1855 Oct-1906 Apr., 212-18.
- Smith, John Lyman, Diary in John Lyman Smith, Papers, 1845-1875, vol. 2, 102-117.
- Sutton, James T., Reminiscences, 2-4. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Thomas Atkin autobiography, circa 1901, 5-7.
- William Hyde journal, circa 1868-1873.