- Birth Date
- 16 July 1795
- Death Date
- 5 June 1877
Husband of Susannah Gazey Beers Neff. He crossed the plains with his wife and children of her first marriage (William, John, Robert, Mary and Franklin Beers). In 1850 they were in Great Salt Lake County. John was re-baptized 12 April 1851 in the Salt Lake Stake and received a Patriarchal Blessing on 20 April of this year. In the 1852 Bishop's Report and in the 1870 Utah census John and Susannah were in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Some sources give John's birth date as 16 July 1796.
- Age at Departure: 52
- Head of Household
- 1850 Utah Census, Great Salt Lake, Utah Territory.
- 1870 Utah Census, Utah County.
- "Died," Deseret News [Weekly], 13 June 1877, 1.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- First 100, report, 1848 June.
- "Registry of Names of Persons Residing in the Various Wards as to Bishops' Reports, Great Salt Lake City, Dec. 28th, A.D. 1852" in Key to Migration Sources, Great Britain and North America: A Manual for Students Attending the Second Annual Priesthood Genealogical Research Seminar, June 19-23, 1967 (Provo: Brigham Young University Division of Continuing Education, 1967), edited by Norman Edgar Wright.
- Utah Cemetery Inventory