- Birth Date
- 29 May 1826
- Death Date
- 20 April 1901
Matilda Jane Amelia Wherrett
Matilda Jane Amelia Gay
Matilda traveled across the sea with her son, Edward Aaron Wherrett, by way of the ship Hudson. They both continued their journey to Utah by crossing the plains as part of the Hyde company. Upon arrival to Utah, Matilda eventually remarried and is found living in the household of her second husband, George Tomlinson, in census records.
- Age at Departure: 38
- Head of Household
- 1880 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Black, Susan Easton. Membership of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: 1830-1848 (Provo, UT: Brigham Young University, [1984-1988]).
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "List of Immigrants," Deseret News, 19 October 1864, 2.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.