- Birth Date
- 20 January 1809
- Death Date
- 18 September 1864
He traveled with his wife and two daughters. His 15 year old son, James Jr. is listed with them on the ship manifest for The General McClellan, but he is not seen on the overland company roster with the rest of the family. It is possible he worked as a teamster in the Warren Company or some other company. Further research is needed.
- Age at Departure: 55
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Bliss, Orley Dewight, Reminiscences and diary, 1864 May-1865 Jan., [2-26].
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 253.