- Birth Date
- Death Date
- October 1864
Ann Davis Barrett
She and her husband, John, arrived in New York on 23 June 1864 via the ship The General McClellan. Her daughter, Charlotte Brangham, and her family was with them. Ann and Charlotte's family continued across the plains with the Warren Company, but John's name is not listed on any Warren Company records or in the PEF records with Ann. It is uncertain whether he died prior to the company's departure or if he hired out as a teamster to pay his passage. Further research is needed to determine if John Barrett made the trip to the Valley.
Birth year is extrapolated from age listed on the Warren Company roster. Death date was found in a personal, online family history record (such as Family Tree, Ancestry, or My Heritage), without any accompanying documentation. Further research is needed to verify its accuracy.
- Age at Departure: 60
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 259.
- Thomas Waters Cropper in Family History of Thomas Waters Cropper and Hannah Lucretia Rogers (1957), 22-26, written by Robert L. Ashby.