- Birth Date
- Death Date
- 14 September 1864
James Buckley Sr.
There are some inconsistencies on the records for this family. The ship roster of the 1864 General McClellan shows the entire Buckley family, which consisted of parents James (44) and Ann Fielding Buckley (44), and children, Joseph (17), Hannah (8), James Jr. (7), and Betsy (5). The overland company roster leaves off James Jr, and indicates that Joseph is 7 years old. The Deseret News roster shows father James, as Joseph. Regardless, the whole family that traveled on the ship. The obituary of son James says that his mother died during the sea voyage. The obituary is wrong because she is found in Utah in the burial record and Find A Grave website.
His death is reported in the diary of Orley Bliss.
- Age at Departure: 46
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Bliss, Orley Dewight, Reminiscences and diary, 1864 May-1865 Jan., [2-26].
- “Business Man of City Dies,” Salt Lake Telegram, 25 January 1937, 16.
- Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 268.