- Birth Date
- 13 March 1822
- Death Date
- 9 September 1864
Edward came form England on the ship General McClellan in 1864 with his family.
Six of the nine family members died while traveling, including both parents. All died prior to arrival in Salt Lake except young Robert, who died just a few days after they arrived, while they were on their way to Nephi.
Eliza Duncombe and Priscilla Pitt were also part of their traveling group.
- Age at Departure: 42
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Agnes Chappell (Age: 40)
- Sarah Jane Chappell (Age: 19)
- Priscilla Pitt (Age: 17)
- Emily Ann Chappell (Age: 14)
- Eliza Duncombe (Age: 14)
- Frederick William Chappell (Age: 10)
- Robert Edward Chappell (Age: 6)
- Agnes Boardman Chappell (Age: 4)
- Angelina Arthelia Chappell (Age: 2)
- Jemima Elizabeth Chappell (Age: Infant)
- 1841 England and Wales Census.
- 1851 England and Wales Census.
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- Bliss, Orley Dewight, Reminiscences and diary, 1864 May-1865 Jan., [2-26].
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- England Marriages, 1538-1973.
- Fletcher, Eliza Duncombe, Life of Eliza Duncombe Fletcher, 1. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.