- Birth Date
- 19 March 1854
- Death Date
- 4 February 1899
Frederick William Chappell
Frederick came from England on the ship General McClellan in 1864 with his parents and siblings.
Six of the nine family members died while traveling, including both parents. All died prior to arrival in Salt Lake except young Robert, who died just a few days after they arrived, while they were on their way to Nephi.
- Age at Departure: 10
- Edward Chappell (Age: 42)
- Agnes Chappell (Age: 40)
- Sarah Jane Chappell (Age: 19)
- Priscilla Pitt (Age: 17)
- Emily Ann Chappell (Age: 14)
- Eliza Duncombe (Age: 14)
- Robert Edward Chappell (Age: 6)
- Agnes Boardman Chappell (Age: 4)
- Angelina Arthelia Chappell (Age: 2)
- Jemima Elizabeth Chappell (Age: Infant)
- 1861, England Census.
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Fletcher, Eliza Duncombe, Life of Eliza Duncombe Fletcher, 1. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.