- Birth Date
- 2 November 1844
- Death Date
- 3 April 1927
Sarah Jane Chappell
Sarah came from England on the ship General McClellan in 1864 with her parents and siblings.
Six of the nine family members died while traveling, including both parents. All died prior to arrival in Salt Lake except young Robert, who died just a few days after they arrived, while they were on their way to Nephi.
Her surname is Wright. She married James Brigham Wright.
- Age at Departure: 19
- Edward Chappell (Age: 42)
- Agnes Chappell (Age: 40)
- Priscilla Pitt (Age: 17)
- Emily Ann Chappell (Age: 14)
- Eliza Duncombe (Age: 14)
- Frederick William Chappell (Age: 10)
- Robert Edward Chappell (Age: 6)
- Agnes Boardman Chappell (Age: 4)
- Angelina Arthelia Chappell (Age: 2)
- Jemima Elizabeth Chappell (Age: Infant)
- 1861 England and Wales Census.
- 1870 Utah Census.
- 1880 Utah Census.
- Canada Census, 1901
- Canada Census, 1906
- Canada Census, 1911
- Canada Census, 1916
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- England and Wales, Birth Registration Index, 1837-2008.
- England and Wales Census, 1851.
- Find a Grave (Website)