- Birth Date
- 24 November 1858
- Death Date
- 17 May 1954
Eliza Jane Chew
Eliza arrived in New York on 23 June 1864 with her mother and oldest brother via the ship The General McClellan. Though British Mission records indicates her mother intended on bringing two daughters, plans must have changed as is indicated in the August 1952 Deseret News article. She left her husband and other children in England to follow her at a later date.
Birth and death dates are confirmed by her burial record with a surname "Kearns."
- Age at Departure: 5
- 1900 Utah Census.
- 1910 Utah Census.
- 1920 Utah Census.
- 1930 Utah Census.
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- England and Wales, Birth Registration Index, 1837-2008.
- "Jack Chew Enjoys 100th Birthday at Home in Ashley," Vernal Express 28 August 1952, 1, 8.
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.