- Birth Date
- 2 February 1815
- Death Date
- 22 July 1894
George Coombs Sr.
George, his wife Eliza, children William, Joshua, George, Harriet, Ephraim, and David came from England in 1864 on the ship general McClellan.
George's traveling group consisted of his wife, children, and daughter-in-law. Also traveling in this company was another daughter and her husband (James and Harriet Coombs Dutton.)
- Age at Departure: 49
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Sanpete County.
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 274.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.