- Birth Date
- 27 February 1842
- Death Date
- 9 February 1923
Edward Morgan Edwards
Edward was definitely with his family during the overseas portion of their journey, as is documented by the British Mission Record (Mormon Migration) and the ship passenger list. However, he does not show up on the overland Warren Company roster with them. In addition, his younger brother, William, is listed on the family's PEF record instead of him.
The likely reason for the absence of his name on overland company records is that he may have worked as a teamster during the trip across the plains to pay his own passage. This would account for him not being in the PEF records, and also for his name not showing up on the roster with the other emigrants. His obituary does indicate that he traveled with his family, so it was determined that he should still be assigned to the Warren Company.
- Age at Departure: 22
- 1870 Utah Census, Iron County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- "Paragonah," Parowan Times, 14 February 1923, .
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 283.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.