- Birth Date
- 9 September 1818
- Death Date
- 9 January 1893
John Evan Evans
John, his wife, and three children arrived in New York on 23 June 1864 via the ship The General McClellan. The two 17 year old boys, David Evans and Benjamin Williams, are not seen on the overland company records with the rest of them, though they are seen with them in November 1864 in Spanish Fork Ward records at the time of a rebaptism. It is likely these boys hired out as teamsters with either the Warren Company or another wagon train that season to help pay their passage.
His birth date is recorded in ordination records for the Spanish Fork Ward (page 10).
- Age at Departure: 45
- Head of Household
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Spanish Fork Ward Record of Members.