- Birth Date
- 27 September 1842
- Death Date
- 3 July 1886
Margaret and her husband William C. Foster, together with Margaret's brother Cornelius Holmes Banks, crossed the Atlantic aboard the ship General McClellan in 1864. Margaret then crossed the plains in the William S. Warren Company (her name appears on the Warren company roster but niether William nor Cornelius are there). Cornelius drove an ox team across the plains in a government freight train led by a Captain Seely. It is likely that William also hired out as a teamster with another company to pay his passage, but additional research is needed to verify this.
- Age at Departure: 21
- 1870 Utah Census, Tooele County.
- Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.
- Daughters of Utah Pioneers. History of Utah's Tooele County: From the Edge of the Great Basin Frontier (Tooele, UT: Transcript Bulletin Publishing, Inc., 2012).
- "Deaths," Deseret News, 14 July 1886, 415.
- Find a Grave
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.