- Birth Date
- 9 December 1831
- Death Date
- 17 September 1909
The Holt family Samuel, his wife Selina, children Mary and Samuel arrived in New York on 23 June 1864 via the ship The General McClellan. Their infant son, Samuel Thomas Holt, died after arrival in the United States, before the overland company departed.
His birth and death dates are confirmed by the death record and Find A Grave website.
- Age at Departure: 28
- Head of Household
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah Death Certificate Index, 1905-1967.