- Birth Date
- 1 July 1813
- Death Date
- 24 November 1874
John, his wife Maria, children Alice, Maria, Ellen, Margaret, Samuel, James and Eliza came from England in 1864 on the ship General McClellan.
His birth date is confirmed by the burial record.
Their surname is spelled "Olden" on the 1870 Utah census.
- Age at Departure: 51
- Head of Household
- 1870 Utah Census, Cache County.
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- Oldham, Samuel, [Interview], in "Utah Pioneer Biographies," 44 vols., 22:5-6.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger C, p. 374.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-Day Saint Immigration to America
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.