- Birth Date
- 5 November 1847
- Death Date
- 14 November 1899
His biographical sketch, which was taken while he was still living, indicates that he traveled in 1864 and was in a company led by a Captain "Horn." There was not a company in 1864 led by a Captain Horne. However, the 1864 William Warren company had a George Hone/Horne. It was likely this individual was a captain of ten or fifty and this was who was being referred to in the sketch. All other evidence points to the fact that William traveled in this company. Other members of his family traveled in different years.
His death date is confirmed by the Utah Burials Database, however, various other primary sources are not in agreement.
- Age at Departure: 16
- “Captain William S. Warren Company (third ox train), manifests, 1864.” Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts, 1862-1868. (CR 376 8, Box 1, Folder 13)
- "List of Passengers," Deseret News, 17 August 1864, 369.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1848-1886, Ledger C, p. 737.
- Utah, Deaths and Burials, 1888-1946.
- Utah, Wills and Probate Records, 1800-1985.