- Birth Date
- 13 September 1832
- Death Date
- 4 August 1915
John Kimball Whitney
John initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Heber C. Kimball Company in 1848. However, he later participated as one of the rescuers that were sent out in the winter of 1856 to assist the members of the Church stranded in Wyoming.
- Age at Departure: 15
- Newel Kimball Whitney (Age: 53)
- Elizabeth Ann Whitney (Age: 47)
- Orson Kimball Whitney (Age: 18)
- Ellen Celeste Woodward (Age: 15)
- Joshua Kimball Whitney (Age: 13)
- Anna Maria Whitney (Age: 11)
- Don Carlos Whitney (Age: 7)
- Mary Jane Whitney (Age: 4)
- Newel Melchizedek Whitney (Age: 1)
- Jethro Houston Whitney (Age: Infant)
- Age at Departure: 24
- 1850 Utah Census, Salt Lake County.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- "John K. Whitney Called by Death," Deseret Evening News , 5 Aug. 1915, 3.
- "John K. Whitney Re-visits Haunts of 65 Years Ago," Deseret Evening News , 31 July 1915, 3:2.
- Joseph G. Hovey papers, 1845-1856, circa 1933, Autobiography, 1845-1856, 130-75.