- Birth Date
- 5 February 1795
- Death Date
- 23 September 1850
Newel Kimball Whitney
His travel to Utah is mentioned in his son's obituary. According to the journal of George Mayer, Whitney was captain of the third ten in the Kimball Company.
- Age at Departure: 53
- Head of Household
- Elizabeth Ann Whitney (Age: 47)
- Orson Kimball Whitney (Age: 18)
- John Kimball Whitney (Age: 15)
- Ellen Celeste Woodward (Age: 15)
- Joshua Kimball Whitney (Age: 13)
- Anna Maria Whitney (Age: 11)
- Don Carlos Whitney (Age: 7)
- Mary Jane Whitney (Age: 4)
- Newel Melchizedek Whitney (Age: 1)
- Jethro Houston Whitney (Age: Infant)
- Daniel Davis diaries, 1846-1892, Journal, 1846 May-1889 January, 90-101.
- "Death of a Pioneer. Joshua K. Whitney Dies Suddenly on Sunday Evening," Deseret Evening News, 27 Jan. 1902, 1.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- George Mayer reminiscences and diary, 1853 January-1896 April, 25-27.
- Heber C. Kimball, Autobiography, circa 1842-1858, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Heber C. Kimball journals, 1848 June-July and 1848 July-September, in Heber C. Kimball papers, 1837-1866.
- Joseph G. Hovey papers, 1845-1856, circa 1933, Autobiography, 1845-1856, 130-75.
- Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Supplement after 31 December 1848, 11.
- Norton Jacob reminiscence and journal, 1844 May-1852 January, 110-115.
- Utah State History Cemeteries and Burials Database.
- Whitney, Helen Mar, Reminiscences, p. 491
- William Burton papers, circa 1837-1851, Journal, Volume 11, 1848 June-July.