- Birth Date
- 18 August 1842
- Death Date
- 26 February 1904
Miles Park Romney
His birth date is confirmed by the missionary register.
The Romney family traveled to the Salt Lake Valley with the Edward Hunter Company in 1850. The family included Miles and Elizabeth Gaskell, and their children Elizabeth, Sarah, Joseph Gaskell, Brigham, Miles Park, Hiram Thomas Gaskell, and Mary Ann.
Miles was rebaptized in salt Lake City on 26 October 1851.
At the end of a mission Miles Park returned home with the Miner G. Atwood Company in 1865. Peter Anton Nielson lists him as Lewis Romney. There is no such person, and all references say it was Miles Park Romney.
- Age at Departure: 7
- Age at Departure: 22
- Returning Missionary
- 1850 Utah Census.
- "Captain Minor G. Attwood's Company," Deseret News [Weekly], 20 Sep. 1865, 402-3.
- Davis, Albert Wesley, [Autobiography], Utah Genealogical and Historical Magazine , Oct. 1926, 246 and ibid., Jan. 1927, 6-7.
- Davis, Albert Wesley, A pioneer experience 1926, 1-3.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Miner G. Atwood journal in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1896-2001 July, 8 November 1865, 8-22.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Nauvoo Community Project
- Nielson, Peter Anton, Autobiographical sketch, [1-2], in Utah Pioneer Biographies, compiled by Yalecrest Camp, Daughters of the Utah Pioneers.
- Romney, Junius, "An Exciting Trip Across the Plains," Juvenile Instructor , 1 Jan. 1895, 34-35.
- Romney, Miles, Journal [ca. 1850 Mar.]-1855 May, 1-2.
- Salt Lake Stake Record of Members, 1848-1917.
- "The Immigration," Semi-Weekly Telegraph , 14 June 1865, 2.
- "The Immigration," Semi-Weekly Telegraph , 14 Sep. 1865, 2.