- Birth Date
- 13 April 1830
- Death Date
- 9 August 1909
Anders Wilhelm Winberg
Anders initially traveled to the Salt Lake Valley in the Hans Peter Olsen Company in 1854 as a captain of ten. He traveled with his wife, Andrine Wilhelmme Erika Friese Winberg, and sister, Eleanora Elizabeth Winberg Bertelsen and her husband, Andreas Bertelsen. According to New FamilySearch, Anders and Andrine were married on board the “Benjamin Adam” as they were traveling across the Atlantic. Prior to leaving his home in Sweden, he was involved in establishing the foundations of the church there.
At the end of a six year Scandinavian mission, Anders traveled home in the Miner G. Atwood Company in 1865, and acted as Chaplain of the company.
- Age at Departure: 24
- Age at Departure: 35
- Returning Missionary
- Albert Wesley Davis, A pioneer experience 1926, 1-3.
- Davis, Albert Wesley, [Autobiography], Utah Genealogical and Historical Magazine , Oct. 1926, 246 and ibid., Jan. 1927, 6-7.
- Frank Esshom, Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah (Salt Lake City: Utah Pioneers Book Publishing Company, 1913), 1255.
- Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1830-2008, Supplement after 31 December 1854, 7.
- "Immigration Lists," Deseret News, 20 September 1865, 402-403.
- "Manuscript History of Wyoming, Nebraska, 1860-1870." In Manuscript histories of Church in United States circa 1910-1971. (Miner G. Atwood, journal excerpts, p. 32-33) (MS 4029)
- Miner G. Atwood journal in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1896-2001 July, 8 November 1865, 8-22.
- Missionary Department Missionary Registers, 1860-1959, Volume 1.
- Nielson, Peter Anton, Autobiographical sketch, [1-2], in Utah Pioneer Biographies, compiled by Yalecrest Camp, Daughters of the Utah Pioneers.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger A, p. 336.
- Peter A. Nielsen reminiscence, undated, 1-23.
- Romney, Miles P., [Reminiscences], in Journal History of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 8 Nov. 1865, 5-8.
- Taylor, Charles B., Journal, Apr 1865-Oct 1865, in Woodard Family, Collection [ca.1851-1979], box 1, fd. 7, vol. 2.
- Winberg, Anders Wilhelm, Reminiscences [n.d.], fd. 3, 3-4.