- Christening Date
- 31 July 1819
- Burial Date
- 10 August 1866
The Christensen family arrived in New York on 16 July 1866 via the ship Kenilworth. As head of household, only Jens' name is listed on the overland company roster. However, the record shows that he purchased five and a half adult food rations for that portion of the journey, which indicates that his family, who were with him on the ship, continued with him across the plains in the Scott company.
One copy of the handwritten company roster has "& Peter" written next to his name. That additional person would account for the extra adult food ration. Further research is needed to determine who Peter was.
Jens was a brickmaker from Vendsyssel, Denmark. His death was noted in Andrew Jenson's journal.
- Age at Departure: 47
- Head of Household
- Died en Route
- Andrew Jensen journal excerpts in Historical Department journal history of the Church, 1896-2001 July, 1866 July-December, 8 October 1866, 2-14.
- “Captain A. H. Scott, accounts, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868. Emigrant Roster
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- "Denmark Marriages, 1635-1916."
- Parish Register of Torslev, Hjorring, Denmark.