- Birth Date
- 17 January 1830
- Death Date
- 19 May 1911
The Nielsen family arrived in New York on 16 July 1866 via the ship Kenilworth. As head of household, only Peter's name is listed on the overland company roster. However, his PEF record indicates that he borrowed enough to pay for passage for six adults (or in his case, two adults and several children), which indicates that his family, who were with him on the ship, continued with him across the plains in the Scott company.
- Age at Departure: 36
- Head of Household
- 1900 Utah Census.
- “Captain A. H. Scott, accounts, 1866.” In Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company church trains accounts 1861-1868, Captains’ accounts 1862-1868. Emigrant Roster
- Denmark, Baptisms, 1618-1923.
- Find a Grave (Website)
- Marie Neilson Robins, [Reminiscences], in Treasures of Pioneer History, [1952-57], vol. 3, p. 123.
- Neilson, Hans C., History of Hans C. Neilson. in Nora Crystal Hall Lund, Biographies Collection, [ca. 1950-1983], reel 2, p. 1
- Robins, Marie Nielson, Autobiography of Marie Nielsen Robins, 3-4. (Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.)
- Utah Death Certificates.