- Birth Date
- 8 December 1825
- Death Date
- 24 December 1892
John LeRoy Crane
The Crane family arrived in New York on 5 July 1866 via the ship American Congress. According to the ship roster, eight of their children made the overseas journey with John and Sarah. Though the Thompson company records only list heads of household, it also records that John purchased 8 adult food rations, inferring that the family continued on together for the overland journey as well.
PEF records also lists specific children, confirming the family stayed together the entire journey.
- Age at Departure: 40
- Head of Household
- Captain Daniel Thompson, memoranda book (1), 1866.
- Crane, Henry, Transcription of journal. Trail excerpt transcribed from "Pioneer History Collection" available at Pioneer Memorial Museum [Daughters of Utah Pioneers Museum], Salt Lake City, Utah. Some restrictions apply.
- "Deaths," Deseret Weekly, 31 December 1892, 64.
- "Obituary," Deseret Evening News, 5 January 1893, 5.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 348.
- Perpetual Emigrating Fund, Financial Accounts 1849-1886, Ledger B, p. 547.
- Saints By Sea: Latter-day Saint Immigration to America